adapter ♦ X-SAMPA : ♦ AAI : /a.dap.te/
- He was an able adapter, and could easily adjust to the differences when the company changed ownership.
- The critic gave rave reviews to the adapter of the ancient play, who worked to give the text more relevance to the modern day.
- He had an adapter that let him plug his phone into the car's cigarette lighter for power.
- The wall outlet sprouted an electrical monstrosity of adapters plugged into adapters that sparked ominously.
- We bought adapters to use our three-prong plugs in the two-prong, unpolarized outlets of the old house.
adapter ♦ X-SAMPA : ♦ AAI : fanononana ?
- One who is capable of adapting well to differing situations.